Victron Self-consumption and Back-up Battery System (Hub-4) 6.24kW Hoppecke Flooded Lead-Acid Battery
- 6.24kW Hoppecke Flooded Lead-Acid Battery (4x HOPPECKE 2 OPZS FILLED BLOC SOLAR.POWER 130 12V GUG)
- SMA SB 4000TL-21 SUNNY BOY 4000TL INVERTER
- VICTRON Multiplus 48/3000/35-50 INVERTER CHARGER
- Victron Color Control GX Display/Monitor
- Carlo Gavazzi EM24-DIN Energy Meter
- NH1 Fusebox Jean Mueller
- 2x NH1 Fuse 250a
- 1 meter 95mm battery cable
- 1 x 6mm solar cable 100m
- 9.6kW / 15.8 kW / 19.2 kW Battery Bank
- 3.95kW solar array using 15x 265w Axitec Black Premium AC-265M/156-60S WP 265W Monocrystalline solar panel
Hub-4 is a Grid-parallel Energy Storage system, using the Multi or Quattro bidirectional inverter/charger as its main component. It optimizes self-consumption: excess PV energy is stored in the battery, and used to power the loads whenever there is a shortage of PV power.
The system is managed by the Color Control GX (CCGX), which also provides extensive monitoring, both locally and remotely via our VRM Portal and the VRM App. The VRM app is available for both iOS and Android.
- Grid parallel energy storage system that optimizes self consumption.
- Wide range of available inverter/chargers: 800 VA to 10.000 VA in 12, 24 and 48 VDC.
- Both wired and a wireless connection to the meter central distribution box is possible.
- (optional) No-break UPS output.
- (optional) Phase compensation.
- Built-in anti-islanding / loss of mains detection. Currently certified for limited number of countries/models, more certification coming.
- No restrictions on PV Array size.
- No minimum or maximum battery size.
- Suitable for many battery types.
- Three operating modes, from basic to custom, covering both standard and custom systems.
- Free usage of the VRM Portal and the VRM App for remote monitoring.
- Winter switch: keep batteries charged in periods where there is a continuous shortage of solar power
The system runs automatically, and uses excess energy harvested during the day to fill the gaps when there is not enough PV power available. Easy configuration in Assistants and on the Color Control GX.
Same as standard, but more flexibility is given to implement time shifting, load management or other energy management optimization algorithms. Either by ModbusTCP commands or by running additional self implemented code on the Color Control GX. Often the best of both worlds: complete flexibility and benefit from the VRM Portal and all other functionality already available on the CCGX, without having to add additional cost of extra PLCs or other control modules.
Customer self implements their control loop and grid measurements, and uses the MultiPlus and/or Quattros as simple, remote controllable, bidirectional inverter/chargers that can be set to either charge or discharge an x amount of Watts. Refer to Special system: External control loop for more information.